Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Boxes for Business. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our products or services is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
- Unless indicated otherwise, all prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are exclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that the prices shown are current.
- We reserve the right to amend our prices or charges at any time.
- Prices for each product may vary according to the quantity ordered, hence the quantity you require must be specified to ensure accurate pricing.
- Prices are based on one shipment or collection per order.
- We don’t charge you any credit card fees on your purchase. However we make no guarantees whatsoever as to whether the bank, financial institution or issuer of your credit card will charge you any fees as a result of purchasing from us.
- We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website, however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any mis-description, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
- Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not guarantee that any image will reproduce in true colour nor that any given image will be completely accurate or will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.
- All measurements indicated are approximate only. For example, there may be discrepancies in the thickness of the corrugated cardboard from what is specified. This may be due to minor variations that occur during the manufacturing process or due to factors like storage where compression can occur.
- Our products are for sale to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
- When you order from us, we may require you to provide information such as, your name, address for delivery, your email address, telephone contact and credit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information; however, in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
- Our minimum order value is $100 inc GST for products listed on our website. You can choose a combination of boxes and/or packaging supplies to make up this value. The minimum order value covers stock only and does not include other costs such as the cost of delivery or hand unloading, if required.
- We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current, however we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website.
- Some of our products may be ordered in as required, which means there might be a short delay before they’re available. More commonly this delay may apply to some of our packaging supplies as well as to larger quantity orders placed for either our packaging supplies or cardboard boxes. For example, you may wish to place on order for 3000 of a particular new cardboard box and we may only have 1000 in stock at the time. In such cases, we may offer you the choice of
(a) Taking a partial quantity now and the remainder as soon as they’re ready, which on average may be anywhere from a few days up to approximately 3 weeks, or
(b) Choosing a suitable alternative of which we do have sufficient quantity, or
(c) Changing the quantity of your order, or
(d) Cancelling your order if you’ve already submitted it.
- When you order from us, it is your responsibility to give us the correct details for your order. We will not be held liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of incorrect information you have supplied. For example, if incorrect delivery details are given by you and your order requires re-delivery, any additional costs associated with re-delivery may be required to be paid by you.
- We undertake to accept or reject your order within Seven (7) days. If we have not responded to you within Seven (7) days, your offer is deemed to be rejected. We are not required to give reasons for rejecting your offer to purchase. However some examples of reasons for rejecting your offer may be that we do not currently have that product in stock, or that there is incomplete or inaccurate information regarding your order. We may also reject your order if delivery has been requested to an address outside of Sydney.
- If your offer of purchase is rejected by us, a full refund will be offered to you on the payment you have made, or where practical an alternate supply of products may be offered as substitutes.
- It depends on the products you purchase, but many orders are supplied on pallets as this saves time, keeps items secure and makes them easy to load or unload with a forklift. If no forklift is available, we can usually load/unload your order by hand. However, this may incur an additional fee to help cover the extra time and effort.
- Some of our boxes or packaging supplies are stacked on blue Chep pallets. This may require us to exchange Chep pallets with you or that you have a Chep account whereby we can transfer the Chep pallets associated with your order. If you are unable to exchange or transfer Chep pallets then you need to notify us at the time of placing your order. This gives us opportunity to restack your order onto other pallets which don’t require exchange or transfer.
- If when placing your order, you indicate that you are able to exchange Chep pallets or that you have a Chep account to enable transfer, you may receive your order either on Chep pallets or plain (non-Chep) pallets. Alternatively, some orders may not be on pallets at all.
- Our regular delivery service currently applies only within Sydney. Whilst we deliver to the vast majority of Sydney suburbs, there may be suburbs we do not deliver to as part of this service. In such cases you are welcome to collect your order from us, organise your own transport, or if agreed to by us, pay additional delivery charges to enable us to organise delivery to your specified suburb.
- All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you upon delivery whether or not someone is at your premises to receive the delivery. It is your responsibility to have someone present to receive your delivery.
- When you collect the goods from our premises or organise your own freight then all risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you once the goods have been dispatched.
- We provide free standard delivery to most Sydney suburbs for product orders over $300+GST. For this to apply, there must be easy ground level access at your premises and usually requires you to unload our vehicle with a forklift. The required value for free delivery only refers to the value of the products purchased in any one transaction and excludes any delivery charges or hand unload fees that may apply.
Examples of circumstances where a delivery and/or hand unload charge may apply, include
- Your order is under $300+GST
- Your order is required within a shorter period than what is specified
- Excessive delays at delivery which occur through no fault of our own
- Hand Unloading of your order is required
- Where we have products available, our standard deliveries occur within 7 business days, inclusive of the business day you place your order. In most cases your order will be delivered sooner. Occasionally products are unavailable at the time of your order, which may cause a delay. In such cases, we will contact you to advise you of the situation and you’ll be able to choose whether or not to continue with your order. Should you wish to cancel your order then a full refund will be given.
- Provided we have products available, priority delivery occurs within three business days, often the next business day.
- Priority delivery is not available on all orders, since some products and quantities are limited. Where products are unavailable at the time of your order, and this is not specified, we will either refund you for the priority portion of the delivery charge or cancel part or all of your order and refund you for the relevant amount you paid. Where you agree to accept a partial order within the specified priority period, there will be no refund for the priority delivery charge. In such cases a refund will only apply to payment on those products cancelled from your order.
- Whilst we will make every effort to get your order to you as soon as possible, backorders are excluded from specified standard and priority delivery periods. On average, a typical backorder might take from 1 to 3 weeks to fulfil, depending on the product purchased.
- We’re happy to discuss special requests for collection or delivery of your order. However, we do not warrant that we will be able to fulfil any of these requests.
- To enable delivery, your delivery site must be readily accessible and at ground level. We don’t usually deliver to upper levels of multiple storey buildings, deep inside large shopping centres or where long walks from our delivery vehicle are required. However, if you notify us at the time of placing your order, we’re happy to deliver to a readily accessible location nearby.
- Once a delivery vehicle arrives at your premises we allow 10 minutes per pallet, or part thereof, for each delivery; up to a maximum of ½ hour. If we’re prevented from delivering within these times or are delayed on your delivery site for any reason that is not due to negligence or fault on our part, we reserve the right to
(a) Charge a waiting fee of $20 per 15 minutes, rounded up to the nearest 15 minutes, or
(b) Leave without delivering your order, in which case it will become your responsibility to collect your order from our warehouse or pay for another delivery, or
(c) Charge a futile delivery charge of $40+GST, or
(d) All of the above, if we have waited beyond the allocated time, and then leave without delivery taking place.
- We will make every reasonable effort to deliver orders when agreed, but if we are prevented from delivering through no fault of our own, any specified delivery days will no longer apply. We accept no liability for such changes in delivery days.
- Where you are unable to unload our vehicle with a forklift an additional hand unload fee may apply. A hand unload fee is in addition to any other delivery fees that may be charged.
- Typically, during the Christmas/New Year period we close for approximately 2 to 3 weeks. Exact dates may vary from year to year. It is likely that no orders will be processed during our closure period as we may not be checking messages or be able to be contacted directly. We will endeavour to respond to any messages as soon as is practical once we return.
Order Cancellation Due To Error
- Where a product has been listed at the incorrect price or with incorrect descriptive information or image due to typographical error or some other oversight, we reserve the right to cancel a transaction. Where your credit card has been charged or you have made payment by another agreed method, we will refund you for the total amount paid or offer you a suitable alternative.
- All stock products listed on this website are guaranteed for 30 days from date of purchase, unless specifically stated otherwise. During this period, if for any reason you’re not totally satisfied simply return the products in their original condition, unused and undamaged, and we’ll give you a refund on those products, excluding any delivery associated fees or the cost of collection if required. Since the price per item is based on the quantity purchased, a price adjustment per item may also apply where only part orders are returned. For example, if the price of a certain box is $1.00 per box for a 500 box purchase and $1.20 per box for a 200 box purchase, and you purchase 500 boxes at $1.00 per box and then return 300 of these boxes; then the remaining 200 boxes will be charged at $1.20 per box. This is to match the appropriate price per box of the quantity you end up purchasing. In this example, there would be a price adjustment of $0.20 per box on each of the 200 boxes retained.
- This 30 day guarantee does not apply to custom made products, special orders or to products on any other website that we may provide links to. We recommend you examine the terms and conditions of using any linked website prior to use.
- We undertake to replace for you any new product delivered to you within Sydney, or collected by you or your representatives, that is faulty or was in a damaged condition upon receipt of the goods, or prior to dispatch where you collect the goods yourself or organise your own delivery. If you wish to return a faulty or damaged new product, you must notify us via email or phone within 7 days of receipt of your order, otherwise the goods shall be deemed to be without defect and in good and reasonable condition.
- If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange the returned goods, we undertake to reimburse you for the amount initially debited for the purchase on those goods.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only, provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metataging or mirroring of our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products or services which they provide.
- Linking our website is not permitted without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we may have a licence or permission to use those materials.
- All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are used primarily for the purpose of promoting our products. Your access to our website does not license you to obtain and use those marks from our website in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
- We may choose, at our discretion, not to enforce some, or all, of these terms and conditions when we believe in good faith that this will be beneficial to both parties.
Limitation of Liability
- (a) To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the products and/or services again or payment of the costs of having those products and/or services supplied again.
(b) We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from products and/or services we have supplied.
(c) We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with us.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
- If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than thirty (30) days, we may terminate this Agreement by giving notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in New South Wales and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.