Can cardboard boxes help our future?
Help make the earth a better place
Future generations are dependent on us
Today, we hear common catch phrases like climate change, global warming, greenhouse gas and carbon footprint. Our impact upon the environment is regularly on the mainstream agenda, including the media, the science world, environmental organisations, and even government policies.
Is it possible that how we treat the environment now, could have an impact on future generations?
Is it also possible that some of the changes going on around the earth today might have negative consequences within our own lifetime?
What can we do?
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
— Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax
We’re happy to say that there are small and large things that can be done at both individual and corporate levels. Some suggestions for contributing to a healthy earth are quite simple and easy enough for any of us to do – which is good to know, isn’t it?
- SAVE ENERGY by using energy efficient lights or switching off appliances when they’re not in use.
- TRAVEL SMARTER by using more public transport or car pooling.
- CONSERVE WATER by using water efficient appliances or fixtures such as shower heads that reduce water consumption.
- REDUCE WASTE by buying reused or recycled.
There are three easy ways to cut down our waste and together they can make a big difference to the amount that ends up in landfill, as well as saving energy and other valuable resources. All important for the environment, right?
These 3 methods are often referred to as the Three R’s
- REDUCE – Produce less waste by being more careful about what we buy or use.
- REUSE – Use the same item more than once instead of throwing it out.
- RECYCLE – Send suitable waste products to where they’ll be converted into material that can be used again.
Cardboard boxes can help
In line with these recommendations, cardboard boxes have environmental benefits which can help you feel great about using them. There’s plenty to choose from at our online shop.
Cardboard boxes are . . .
- Reusable which means any energy or resources that’d be required to make a new box is eliminated and the boxes don’t go straight into landfill.
- Recyclable and are often made using recycled content, which means reduced energy and water consumption, as well as less waste.
- Originate from trees which are renewable resources. If care is taken the trees can be replenished.
Recycling and reusing are also recommended by the Australian government,
“Buying or using products which have either been used before or are made up of recycled materials keeps valuable materials out of landfill. It also reduces the need to manufacture new materials, meaning less energy and water is consumed.”
Make the earth a better place
Just imagine, if we buy new cardboard boxes made from trees or better still from recycled material, or if we buy second hand boxes, we’re actually contributing to a healthier earth – and that’s an awesome feeling. Of course, cardboard boxes aren’t going to solve all our environmental problems, but combined with other measures, such as those mentioned, we can be part of the solution. We can all help make the earth a better place, not only for ourselves, but also for future generations – wouldn’t that be rewarding?